- Trivia nights. Themed trivia nights are a big hit and don’t take a lot of work – just a host, a mic, questions and prizes.
- Board game nights.
- Bar Olympics.
- Charity events.
- Singles nights.
- Couples nights.
- Karaoke nights.
- Networking events.
How can I make my wedding reception more fun?
- The Shoe Game. This is one of our favorite games to play at wedding receptions!
- Wheel of Fun.
- Word Search.
- Poker Station.
- Dart Art Station.
- Themed Photo Booth.
- Create a Custom Snapchat Geofilter for Your Reception.
- Board Game Station.
How do you entertain guests between wedding and reception?
- Provide a list of suggested outings on your wedding website.
- Create a custom map.
- Host a relaxed in-between event.
- Host an extended cocktail hour.
- Organize a scavenger hunt.
How do you entertain guests during cocktail hour?
- Croquet on the Lawn.
- A Giant Jenga Set.
- Roasting Marshmallows.
- A Game of Checkers.
- DIY Wooden Wedding Sign.
- Mariachi Band Cocktail Hour Music.
- Mini-Popsicle Cocktails.
How can a guest have fun at a wedding?
- Set Zero Expectations.
- Have a Drink.
- Get Out of Your Head.
- Talk to Older Relatives of the Bride and Groom.
- Connect with the People at Your Table.
- Look for People on Their Own.
- Get on the Dance Floor.
- Find the Escapees.
How can I make my wedding reception not boring?
- Make introductions at the rehearsal.
- Stick to the schedule.
- Don’t let guests go hungry.
- Plan an exit strategy.
- Consider your venue.
- Work your seating chart.
- Put a time limit on toasts.
- Bring in the entertainment.
How do I host a fun reception?
- Arrange Seating Thoughtfully.
- Hand Out Awesome Favors.
- Keep Toasts Short and Sweet.
- Have a Plan for Kids.
- Shake Things Up for Your First Dance.
- Offer an Interactive Food Station (or Two)
- Rethink Dinner.
How can I make my wedding reception fun without dancing?
- 1 Reception Games. It’s commonly known that guests always experience some type of “down time” at a wedding.
- 2 Lawn Games.
- 3 Entertainment.
- 4 Food, Food, & More Food!
- 5 Beverage Enhancements.
How can I make a small wedding reception fun?
- Board games, like “Where’s George?”, “Guess Who?” or “Candyland.”
- Set up a photo booth with props and fun backdrops.
- You can display an artsy centerpiece at reception tables as people mingle before dinner is served.
How do you keep party guests entertained?
- TIP #1: Do Not Plan It All by Yourself!
- TIP #2: An Attractive Guest Group!
- TIP #3: An Energetic Music Playlist!
- TIP #4: Pensive Details!
- TIP #5: Delicious Food Servings!
- TIP #6: Super Sizzling Cocktails!
- TIP #7: A Surprise Element!
- TIP #8: Activities for Group Bonding!
How long should a drinks reception be at a wedding?
How long should a drinks reception be? Although there is no set limit on how long your drinks reception should be, as a general rule of thumb, they typically last between 90 minutes and two hours. This will give your guests enough time to enjoy their favourite tipple, mingle and enjoy a variety of nibbles.
What do you play at a wedding cocktail hour?
For their benefit, make jazz, line dance songs, and other upbeat selection as part of your cocktail music for the wedding.
What guests should not do at a wedding?
- Arrive late.
- Show up if you didn’t RSVP.
- Bring your pet along in place of a plus one.
- Bring one of the bride or groom’s exes along as a plus one.
- Bring along a plus one if the RSVP card indicated not to.
How do you fill a space at a reception?
- Flowers. Floral arrangements can be a stunning way to fill a large space at a wedding reception.
- Wall hangings.
- Long estate-style tables.
- Square and rectangular tables.
- Tall centerpieces.
- Strategic draping.
- Artistic lighting.
How can I make gatherings more fun?
- Give a toast or encourage funny toasts.
- Play games. I am a huge fan of formal or casual game nights.
- Food as bonding. There is a reason I really like serving s’mores and fondue at my parties.
- Use props.
How do you make a party not boring?
- Don’t Do It Yourself. Planning a party all by yourself is probably the worst way to go.
- Add Unusual Activity. So every party usually has food, music, drinks and a few games.
- Try a Theme.
- Don’t Stop The Music.
What are fun activities for adults?
- Take a Virtual Cooking Class. Then test out your newfound skills with some good tunes and a glass of wine to keep you company.
- Learn a New Language.
- Get Into Online Gaming.
- Enjoy a Virtual Dance Class.
- Read a Book.
- Look Over Old Photos.
- Listen to Music.
What is most popular drinks for wedding reception?
Wine is easily the most classic and popular of all wedding drinks to serve at a wedding or formal gathering; whether it’s white, sparkling, or red, wine entertains all sorts of people. Preferably, it’s advisable to purchase a bottle for every two people.
What do you do at a drinks reception?
- Go All Out at Your Tea Station with Some Vintage China from The Dish Dolly.
- Create a Fun (& Tasty) Focal Point with a Ferrero Rocher Tower.
- Break Out the Lawn Games.
- Have Some Cool Tunes.
- Leave Out Some Cute Personalised Napkins.
- Have a Magician Surprise and Entertain Everyone.
Should drinks be free at a wedding?
That being said, you should provide the welcome drinks, wine and water with the wedding meal, and a toasting drink to enjoy with the speeches. Your venue will be able to advise you on how much this should all cost, based on what drinks you choose and how many guests you’ll have.
What attract people in a bar?
Games, Discounts and Themed Nights Game nights and other themed events can help stimulate interest, especially on weeknights when business can be slow. Even offering a discount on certain drinks or during a certain time period, such as a happy hour, can be enough to increase foot traffic.
What are the 3 things you don’t talk about in a bar?
Religion, Politics, Race……
What kind of games can you play at a bar?
- Pool. Billiards, or Pool, is a classic bar game that encourages customers to get up and socialize a bit, maybe even get a little competitive.
- Dice Games.
- Air Hockey.
- Cards Against Humanity.
What type of music should play during cocktail hour?
Whether you’re having live musicians or a DJ perform at your cocktail hour, some music pros prefer to play instrumentals (songs without lyrics) for this reason. This is a great time to play more classic favorites, jazz tunes, or songs that, while beautiful, aren’t particularly easy to dance to.
What is the difference between cocktail hour and reception?
What’s the difference? In a nutshell, a cocktail reception is way more relaxed and your guests will fill up on hors d’oeuvres and small bites throughout the reception. A seated reception is more formal and your guests will eat plated meals or help themselves to a buffet.