- of 10. Spinach Pies. Spinach pies, also called spanakopita, are a Greek classic.
- of 10. Nut Mixes.
- of 10. Vegetable Relishes and Pickles.
- of 10. Olives.
- of 10. Marinated Vegetables.
- of 10. Cheese Straws.
- of 10. Mini Quiches.
- of 10. Crab Dumplings.
How many different appetizers should you have at a wedding?
2-4 pieces per person, 30-60 minutes before dinner, cocktail hour. 5-6 pieces per person, 1.5-2 hour event, preceding dinner time. 8-10 pieces per person, 2-4 hours event, heavy hors d’oeuvres. 12-15 pieces per person 4+ hour event, dinner replacement.
What are five finger foods?
- Bacon Wrapped Scallops.
- Sausage Cream Cheese Crescent Rolls.
- Watermelon, Feta, and Mint Skewers.
- Cheeseburger Sliders.
- Hanky Panky.
- Mac and Cheese Bites.
- Simple Caprese Skewers with Balsamic Dipping Sauce.
What do you serve at a 2pm wedding reception?
One great option for early afternoon weddings are finger foods and/or passed hors d’oeuvres alongside beverages or cocktails. Some food ideas include kabobs, bruschetta, specialty cheeses, and deviled eggs. Consider small plates of crab cakes, oysters, and shrimp if you’re a seafood lover.
Can you serve just appetizers at a wedding?
Guests coming to a wedding reception between these hours are expecting a meal – lunch- (11am-2pm) or dinner (5-8pm). It is unacceptable to have guests arrive for a wedding reception during these hours and feed them a light snack only. It is in poor form and leaves a bad taste in everyone’s mouth (pun intended).
How many appetizers do I need for 100 guests?
If you’re offering catered appetizers, plan for about six portions per guest. For a party of 100 guests, this adds up to roughly 600 appetizer portions. You can also offer light snacks like nuts, fruits and pretzels to give guests something to munch on when they first arrive — stock up on these items in bulk.
What are the 6 types of appetizers?
- chicken tenders.
- finger chips.
- tea sandwiches.
- fish sticks.
- mini quiche.
- onion rings.
- potato chips.
What is the most popular finger food?
- Hors d’ oeuvres.
- Soup & Consommé
- Chips & DIps.
What are good finger foods to buy?
- of 20. Sausage Rolls.
- of 20. Shrimp Cocktail.
- of 20. Fried Mac and Cheese Balls.
- of 20. Pepperoni Pizza Rolls.
- of 20. Cranberry Brie Bites.
- of 20. Fried Pickles.
- of 20. Make-Ahead Sandwich Rolls.
- of 20. Crispy Brie-Stuffed Mushrooms.
What should you not serve at a wedding?
- Bruschetta. Grilled country bread with Roma tomatoes, olive oil, garlic and basil.
- Artichoke and Spinach Dip. Tuscan bread served with a delicious blend of spinach, artichoke, and cream.
- Stuffed Mushrooms.
- Fried Calamari.
- Four Cheese Garlic Bread.
- Shrimp Scampi.
- French Fries.
What foods are good for a wedding reception?
- All meat, all the time. If you’re a meat lover, it might be tempting to serve nothing but meat at your reception.
- Food that requires a big to-do.
- Raw food.
- Mini versions of everything.
- An eight-course meal.
- Overly complex dishes.
- Only exotic eats.
- Typical wedding foods.
What kind of food can you serve at a wedding reception?
- Steak and Salad. Source: Fannetastic Food.
- Kebabs. Source: Midwest Foodie.
- Fried Chicken. Source: Spicepaw.
- Shrimp. This seafood favorite can be paired with various sides to create the perfect wedding plate any time of the year.
- Salmon. Fish has been a wedding classic for years.
What is the cheapest thing to serve at a wedding?
- Seafood Station. Appeal to the pescatarians or your guests trying to eat less red meat by offering a seafood option.
- Fast Food Favorites.
- Raw Bar.
- Dim Sum.
- Lobster Rolls.
How do you pick wedding appetizers?
- – Consider your guests’ allergies or dietary restrictions.
- – Think about selections that all guests will enjoy.
- – Select bite-sized hors d’oeuvres.
- – Say no to messy finger foods.
- – Be creative with the appetizer menu.
What are the basic rules to an appetizer?
The standard rule is to serve four to six pieces for each person. Note, however, that if you are planning an evening event that does not provide a main course and only has an appetizer, you should prepare 10 to 15 pieces per person. The amount of time can also change this figure.
What are two tips for serving appetizers?
Individualize. Place each appetizer on its own small plate for an elegant look. Arrange all of the little dishes on a large serving platter in a circular pattern or a uniform pattern in which all of the plates are spaced the same amount of distance from each other.
What is the maximum number of appetizers to be offered to guests?
The rule of thumb for smaller gatherings is that 3 types of appetizers are suitable for 8 to 10 guests; 4 or 5 types of appetizers for 14 to 16 people.
What is a heavy appetizer?
They are full of protein or have a protein component. This could be something like shrimp cocktail, chicken wings, or smoked salmon canapés. The appetizers have some substance or bulk to them. Think of appetizers like mini sliders or puff pastry bites.
What is the most popular appetizer?
- Pigs in a Blanket. Ever since I was a kid, pigs in a blanket have been one of my favorite finger foods.
- Spinach Artichoke Dip.
- Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Wings.
- Cream Cheese Fruit Dip.
- Cocktail Meatballs.
- Hormel Chili Dip.
- Mac and Cheese Bites.
- Mozzarella Sticks.
What is the simplest appetizer?
Fresh Fruits and Vegetables Perhaps the simplest appetizer is an arrangement of fresh fruits or vegetables.
What is the simplest type of appetizer?
Fresh Fruits and Vegetables – are the simplest appetizer. Fruits are good appetizers because they give an attractive appearance, fragrance, appealing taste and delicious flavor. For example, you could serve a platter of thinly sliced cucumbers, chunks of red bell pepper and baby carrots.
What are the top 5 most popular foods?
- A pasta station (assorted pasta dishes)
- Sushi or an oyster bar.
- Cheese and charcuterie stations.
- Gourmet pizza station (various pizzas)
- Tapas bar.
- Taco station.
- Assorted vegetable station.
- Salad bar.
What are the top 3 most popular foods?
- Pasta. There probably isn’t a single person in the world who doesn’t love pasta.
- Rice. Yes, there are so many Asians in the world, so it’s more than logical that rice scored the second spot on the list.
What are the top 10 snack foods?
- 1 Potato Chips. I love the chips and is also fantastic.
- 2 Oreos.
- 3 Cookies.
- 4 Cheese Crackers.
- 5 Pop-Tarts.
- 6 Tortilla Chips.
- 7 Popcorn.
- 8 Mixed Fruit.
What is the most popular party snack?
- Potato Chips.
- Ice Cream.
- Chicken Tenders.
- Soft Drinks/Soda.
- Oreo Cookies.
- French Fries.