- Guess Who. Write a fictional or real character/person on a sticky note and put it on the person’s forehead who’s sitting to your right.
- Murder Mystery Game.
- Cool Beans!
- Two Truths, One Lie.
- Great Minds Think Alike.
How can I make my wedding reception more fun?
- The Shoe Game. This is one of our favorite games to play at wedding receptions!
- Wheel of Fun.
- Word Search.
- Poker Station.
- Dart Art Station.
- Themed Photo Booth.
- Create a Custom Snapchat Geofilter for Your Reception.
- Board Game Station.
Can you play games at a wedding reception?
If you’re having any or all of your reception outside, display some fun lawn games that guests can play together. Bocce ball, horseshoes, and cornhole are all easy to set up, and don’t forget about oversized Jenga, Connect Four, and Checkers. Guests of all ages are sure to love them!
What kind of games can you play at a wedding?
- Ring Toss.
- Ladder Golf.
- Giant Connect Four.
- Giant Jenga.
- Bocce Ball.
How do you entertain guests between wedding and reception?
- Provide a list of suggested outings on your wedding website.
- Create a custom map.
- Host a relaxed in-between event.
- Host an extended cocktail hour.
- Organize a scavenger hunt.
How can I make my wedding reception not boring?
- Make introductions at the rehearsal.
- Stick to the schedule.
- Don’t let guests go hungry.
- Plan an exit strategy.
- Consider your venue.
- Work your seating chart.
- Put a time limit on toasts.
- Bring in the entertainment.
How do I host a fun reception?
- Arrange Seating Thoughtfully.
- Hand Out Awesome Favors.
- Keep Toasts Short and Sweet.
- Have a Plan for Kids.
- Shake Things Up for Your First Dance.
- Offer an Interactive Food Station (or Two)
- Rethink Dinner.
How can I make a small wedding reception fun?
- Board games, like “Where’s George?”, “Guess Who?” or “Candyland.”
- Set up a photo booth with props and fun backdrops.
- You can display an artsy centerpiece at reception tables as people mingle before dinner is served.
How can a guest have fun at a wedding?
- Set Zero Expectations.
- Have a Drink.
- Get Out of Your Head.
- Talk to Older Relatives of the Bride and Groom.
- Connect with the People at Your Table.
- Look for People on Their Own.
- Get on the Dance Floor.
- Find the Escapees.
How can a guest be fun at a wedding?
- Respond to the RSVP.
- Be Excited.
- Follow the Dress Code.
- Read the Wedding Website.
- Make Sure Your Name is on Your Gift.
- Be Punctual.
- Let The Couple Have Their Time.
- Stay in the Moment.
What should you not play at a wedding?
- You Give Love a Bad Name – Bon Jovi. BonJoviVEVO.
- You’re So Vain – Carly Simon. Carly Simon.
- Fake Love – Drake. One Dance.
- Mother In Law – Ernie K-Doe. MANNY MORA.
- All My Exes Live in Texas – George Strait.
- Love Stinks – J.
- Love Will Tear Us Apart – Joy Division.
- Highway To Hell- AC/DC.
What guests should not do at a wedding?
- Arrive late.
- Show up if you didn’t RSVP.
- Bring your pet along in place of a plus one.
- Bring one of the bride or groom’s exes along as a plus one.
- Bring along a plus one if the RSVP card indicated not to.
Do and don’ts of weddings?
- Don’t: Assume You Can Bring a Plus-One.
- Do: RSVP Before the Deadline.
- Don’t: Ignore the Dress Code.
- Do: Read the Wedding Website.
- Do: Be Punctual.
- Don’t: Take Photos During the Ceremony.
- Do: Leave the Bride Alone.
- Don’t: Go Overboard on Drinks.
What is the best way to entertain a guest?
- Create a cozy atmosphere for company.
- Make a playlist in advance.
- Plan a theme or activity for the evening.
- Arrange food and beverages.
- Set Out Linens.
- Make the powder room a design experience.
- Remember, it’s about the experience, not following a set of rules.
What should a reception always remember?
- An Original Theme.
- The Perfect Venue.
- Delicious Appetizers.
- Impressive Décor.
- Beautiful Centerpieces.
- A Great Menu.
- Great Music.
- Exciting Entertainment.
How do you fill a space at a reception?
- Flowers. Floral arrangements can be a stunning way to fill a large space at a wedding reception.
- Wall hangings.
- Long estate-style tables.
- Square and rectangular tables.
- Tall centerpieces.
- Strategic draping.
- Artistic lighting.
What colors should you avoid at a wedding?
- Let’s Start With the Obvious: White. Itching to wear a gorgeous white dress you just purchased?
- Or Anything Even Close to White.
- The Color the Bridesmaids Are Wearing.
- Glitter, Glitter, Glitter Everywhere.
What colors are not OK for a wedding?
- Off white or ivory.
- All Black.
- All Red.
- Overly sparkly or heavily metallic.
- Bridesmaid dress colour.
- Mother of the bride or groom dress colour.
What colors should guests avoid at a wedding?
- Any shade of white. OK, this is probably pretty obvious, but you really can’t wear white to a wedding.
- Gold (and other metallics)
- Light pastels.
- The colour the bridesmaids are wearing.
What is a fun game to play with adults?
- Charades. This classic game is perfect for parties because it gets everyone involved.
- Taboo. This is another great game that gets everyone talking and laughing.
- Cards Against Humanity.
- Truth Or Dare.
- Spin The Bottle.
- I Never.
What kind of games can you play at a bar?
- Pool. Billiards, or Pool, is a classic bar game that encourages customers to get up and socialize a bit, maybe even get a little competitive.
- Dice Games.
- Air Hockey.
- Cards Against Humanity.
What are games you can play sitting down?
- Follow the leader. No marching required!
- Scavenger hunt. Draw pictures of household objects, like a cup, a hairbrush, and a pillow, then time your kid as she searches for the real things.
- Sound off.
- Ball game.
- Stick together.
- Sock it to me.
- Don’t wake the giant.
What can ruin a wedding?
- 10 Toxic Things That Can Ruin Your Wedding, According to a Wedding Planner.
- Arguing with your fiancé
- Bickering with family.
- Planning at work outside of your assigned break time.
- Planning without a financial roadmap (aka overspending)
- Talking about your wedding non-stop with friends.
- Obsessing over losing weight.
What is inappropriate for a wedding?
Steer Clear of Anything Too Casual No one wants to quit their coziest clothing like yoga pants, slippers, and jeans. But these have no place at a wedding. Even if a wedding is casual and relaxed, still dress with respect. No flip, flops, shorts, or jeans should be on your list of options to wear.
What should you avoid the week of your wedding?
- 01 of 10. New Hair Color.
- 02 of 10. Drastic Haircuts.
- 03 of 10. Alcohol.
- 04 of 10. A New Workout.
- 05 of 10. Spray Tan Booths.
- 06 of 10. Changing Up Your Makeup.
- 07 of 10. Juice Cleanses.
- 08 of 10.