Drinks or cocktail receptions allow guests to have a small drink and catch up with their friends or work colleagues in a relaxed formal or informal environment. Drinks receptions often include food such as hors d’oeuvres, canapes or ‘finger food’ to accompany alcoholic and non alcoholic beverages.
How can I make my wedding reception more fun?
- The Shoe Game. This is one of our favorite games to play at wedding receptions!
- Wheel of Fun.
- Word Search.
- Poker Station.
- Dart Art Station.
- Themed Photo Booth.
- Create a Custom Snapchat Geofilter for Your Reception.
- Board Game Station.
How do you entertain guests between wedding and reception?
- Provide a list of suggested outings on your wedding website.
- Create a custom map.
- Host a relaxed in-between event.
- Host an extended cocktail hour.
- Organize a scavenger hunt.
How do you entertain guests during cocktail hour?
- OUTDOORS Wedding Cocktail Hour Games. Table Tennis. Croquet or Mini Golf. Giant Garden Jenga. Bouncy Castle.
- INDOORS Wedding Cocktail Hour Games. Beer pong. I Spy Wedding Game. Wedding Bingo. Picture Scavenger Hunt.
How can a guest have fun at a wedding?
- Set Zero Expectations.
- Have a Drink.
- Get Out of Your Head.
- Talk to Older Relatives of the Bride and Groom.
- Connect with the People at Your Table.
- Look for People on Their Own.
- Get on the Dance Floor.
- Find the Escapees.
How can I make my wedding reception not boring?
- Make introductions at the rehearsal.
- Stick to the schedule.
- Don’t let guests go hungry.
- Plan an exit strategy.
- Consider your venue.
- Work your seating chart.
- Put a time limit on toasts.
- Bring in the entertainment.
How do I stop my wedding guests from getting bored?
- Keep Your Wedding Day Short and Sweet. This is the vital one.
- Think ‘Per Hour’
- Drinks Reception Entertainment.
- Dinner Table Games.
- Keep Guests Informed.
How can I make a small wedding reception fun?
- Board games, like “Where’s George?”, “Guess Who?” or “Candyland.”
- Set up a photo booth with props and fun backdrops.
- You can display an artsy centerpiece at reception tables as people mingle before dinner is served.
How do you keep party guests entertained?
- TIP #1: Do Not Plan It All by Yourself!
- TIP #2: An Attractive Guest Group!
- TIP #3: An Energetic Music Playlist!
- TIP #4: Pensive Details!
- TIP #5: Delicious Food Servings!
- TIP #6: Super Sizzling Cocktails!
- TIP #7: A Surprise Element!
- TIP #8: Activities for Group Bonding!
How do you make a cocktail hour fun for a wedding?
- Croquet on the Lawn.
- A Giant Jenga Set.
- Roasting Marshmallows.
- A Game of Checkers.
- DIY Wooden Wedding Sign.
- Mariachi Band Cocktail Hour Music.
- Mini-Popsicle Cocktails.
How long should a drinks reception be at a wedding?
How long should a drinks reception be? Although there is no set limit on how long your drinks reception should be, as a general rule of thumb, they typically last between 90 minutes and two hours. This will give your guests enough time to enjoy their favourite tipple, mingle and enjoy a variety of nibbles.
What do you play at a wedding cocktail hour?
- “Papa Loves Mambo,” by Perry Como.
- “Beyond the Sea,” by Bobby Darin.
- “Misty,” by Johnny Mathis.
- “Yes Sir, That’s My Baby,” by Frank Sinatra.
- “At Last,” by Etta James.
- “Dream a Little Dream of Me,” by Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong.
- “Summertime,” by Sarah Vaughan.
What should guests not do at a wedding?
- Skip the RSVP. istock.com/Jitalia17.
- Treat the couple like travel agents. © Rawpixelimages | Dreamstime.com.
- Wear white. iStock.com/DGLimages.
- Disregard the dress code.
- Show up late.
- Show up too early.
- Arrive giftless.
- Bring a plus-one if you weren’t offered one.
How can I make my wedding reception fun without dancing?
- 1 Reception Games. It’s commonly known that guests always experience some type of “down time” at a wedding.
- 2 Lawn Games.
- 3 Entertainment.
- 4 Food, Food, & More Food!
- 5 Beverage Enhancements.
How do you fill a space at a reception?
- Flowers. Floral arrangements can be a stunning way to fill a large space at a wedding reception.
- Wall hangings.
- Long estate-style tables.
- Square and rectangular tables.
- Tall centerpieces.
- Strategic draping.
- Artistic lighting.
How do you make a party not boring?
- Don’t Do It Yourself. Planning a party all by yourself is probably the worst way to go.
- Add Unusual Activity. So every party usually has food, music, drinks and a few games.
- Try a Theme.
- Don’t Stop The Music.
How can you make a gathering more fun?
- Don’t Be Afraid to Invite a Circus.
- Upend the Party Formula.
- Give Your Guests Something To Do.
- The Music Matters.
- Embrace Wretched Excess.
- Disregard the Last Tip.
- Plan Your Bar.
- Know Your Guests and Seat Them Properly.
How do you make a party Unforgettable?
- Create a Guest List.
- Remember to Send Invites to the Guests.
- Decide on a theme in advance.
- Make Proper Arrangements.
- Order Your drinks in advance.
- Make a Checklist.
- Plan a budget and Follow it.
- Choose a Food Menu.
Do you play music during cocktail hour?
Cocktail hour is a time to mingle and chat, and a band or DJ will only overpower that. Instead, opt for something more subtle, like a string quartet, strolling violinist, or even an acoustic act.
Do you play music at cocktail hour?
Your cocktail hour is the perfect time for guests to socialize over drinks and hors d’oeuvres. Use this time to create a fun, memorable and relaxing environment for your guests before dancing the night away. Further, adding music to your cocktail hour is an easy way to elevate the ambiance.
Do you play music during cocktail hour at a wedding?
While there is no rule stating that your wedding cocktail hour should be accompanied by background music, we like to consider it an important part of the event. Adding cocktail hour to the wedding’s order of events can help guests seamlessly transition from ceremony to reception.
Do guests pay for drinks at a wedding?
Having an open bar at your reception means that none of your guests have to buy their own drinks. Every drink ordered by your wedding guests will go onto a tab. At the end of the night, you have to pay the balance.
Is a 3 hour wedding reception long enough?
4-5 hours will be your best bet for reception length. Do note that the ceremony isn’t included in this, as it’s just the reception (and cocktail hour, if you’d like to count that). Some people think that less than 4-5 hours is perfect and I really feel that even 3-4 hours would be plenty.
What type of music should play during cocktail hour?
Whether you’re having live musicians or a DJ perform at your cocktail hour, some music pros prefer to play instrumentals (songs without lyrics) for this reason. This is a great time to play more classic favorites, jazz tunes, or songs that, while beautiful, aren’t particularly easy to dance to.
What is the difference between cocktail hour and reception?
What’s the difference? In a nutshell, a cocktail reception is way more relaxed and your guests will fill up on hors d’oeuvres and small bites throughout the reception. A seated reception is more formal and your guests will eat plated meals or help themselves to a buffet.