Bridge Over Troubled Water was the 1970 top song of the year, and also won the Grammy Awards for both Song Of The Year and Record Of The Year. The song featured piano player Knechtel from Bread. The song was written by Paul Simon. and from album Bridge Over Troubled Water.
What was the number 1 wedding song in 1970?
The Wonder of You – Elvis Presley There are two choices from Elvis Presley on this 1970 wedding song list, and this one is the most popular.
What is a good song for a wedding reception?
- Don’t Stop Believin’Journey.
- I Gotta FeelingBlack Eyed Peas.
- Billie JeanMichael Jackson.
- Marry YouBruno Mars.
- Hey Ya! Outkast.
- Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)Beyoncé
- Dancing QueenABBA.
- I Wanna Dance with Somebody (Who Loves Me)Whitney Houston.
What song best represents the 1970s?
- #8: “Superstition” (1972)
- #7: “Dancing Queen” (1976)
- #6: “Go Your Own Way” (1977)
- #5: “I Will Survive” (1978) Gloria Gaynor.
- #4: “Imagine” (1971) John Lennon.
- #3: “Bohemian Rhapsody” (1975) Queen.
- #2: “Stairway to Heaven” (1971) Led Zeppelin.
- #1: “Stayin’ Alive” (1977) Bee Gees.
What were popular wedding songs in 1978?
- Grammy’s Song of 1978: Just The Way You Are – Billy Joel.
- Player – Baby Come Back.
- A Taste Of Honey – Boogie Oogie Oogie.
- Exile – Kiss You All Over.
- Andy Gibb – Love Is Thicker Than Water.
- Donna Summer – MacArthur Park.
- The Bee Gees – Night Fever.
- Andy Gibb – Shadow Dancing.
What was the popular wedding song in 1975?
Joe Cocker’s “You Are So Beautiful” rose to #5 on the Billboard Top 40 charts in 1975, and is still a popular tune at weddings today.
What was the most popular wedding song in 1971?
- Ain’t No Sunshine – Bill Withers.
- Wild Horses – The Rolling Stones.
- I Feel the Earth Move – Carole King.
- Tired of Being Alone – Al Green.
- (Find A) Reason To Believe – Rod Stewart.
- Bridge Over Troubled Water – Aretha Franklin.
- An Old Fashioned Love Song – Three Dog Night.
- Imagine – John Lennon.
What is the number 1 wedding song?
- 1. ” Can’t Help Falling In Love” by Elvis Presley.
- 2. ” At Last” by Etta James.
- 3. ” Perfect” by Ed Sheeran.
- 4. ” Marry Me” by Train.
- 5. ” Bless The Broken Road” by Rascal Flatts.
- 6. ” All Of Me” by John Legend.
- 7. ” I Don’t Want To Miss A Thing” by Aerosmith.
- 8. “
What is a fun wedding song?
- 1 Love On Top – Beyoncé
- 2 I Wanna Dance With Somebody – Whitney Houston.
- 3 Marry You – Bruno Mars.
- 4 Crazy Little Thing Called Love – Queen.
- 5 You Make My Dreams – Daryl Hall & John Oates.
- 6 You & Me Song – The Wannadies.
- 7 A Sky Full Of Stars – Coldplay.
- 8 Never Too Much – Luther Vandross.
How many songs are typically played at a wedding reception?
A good rule of thumb is 15 songs per hour. A typical wedding reception will see about 3 hours of dancing after dinner and all the formalities are over. That is just 45 songs.
What was the most requested song of the 70s?
- Ain’t No Sunshine.
- Alone Again (Naturally)
- American Pie.
- Baba O’Riley.
- Bohemian Rhapsody.
- Bridge Over Troubled Water.
- Cat’s In The Cradle.
What music was very popular in the 70s?
Aside from disco, funk, smooth jazz, jazz fusion, and soul music remained popular throughout the decade. Rock music played an important part in the Western musical scene, with punk rock thriving throughout the mid to late 1970s.
What were popular wedding songs in 1972?
- Lean on Me – Bill Withers.
- I Can See Clearly Now – Johnny Nash.
- Look What You Done for Me – Al Green.
- Drowning in the Sea of Love – Joe Simon.
- A Thing Called Love – Johnny Cash.
- Sweet Dream Woman – Waylon Jennings.
- Loving You Could Never Be Better – Tanya Tucker.
What was the popular wedding song in 1976?
Dancing Queen – ABBA “Dancing Queen” is one of those songs that defined the disco era of music, and the ABBA hit is used at weddings to spotlight the bride at her reception. It is one of those rare songs that inspires everyone to move regardless of their taste in music.
What was the number one wedding song in 1974?
I Will Always Love You – Dolly Parton Still, this version and the cover that was later recorded by Whitney Houston remain at the top of the list when it comes to the best wedding songs.
What was the most popular wedding song in 1977?
You Light Up My Life – Debby Boone This ballad from Debby Boone might be the most popular wedding song of 1977, an enduring classic that couples still use today in a number of ways.
What was the most popular wedding song in 1979?
- Knock On Wood – Amii Stewart.
- Love You Inside Out – Bee Gees.
- He’s The Greatest Dancer – Sister Sledge.
- Just When I Needed You Most – Randy VanWarmer.
- She Believes In Me – Kenny Rogers.
- I Was Made For Lovin’ You – KISS.
- Cruisin’ – Smokey Robinson.
- I’ll Never Love This Way Again – Dionne Warwick.
What were weddings like in the 1970s?
Weddings in the 1970s were influenced by many different trends — like hippie style, rock-and-roll style, and even a few pantsuits — as opposed to a single dominant style. Still, it was a time of change for many couples. Colored tuxedos for men became popular in the ’70s.
What was the number one love song in 1971?
“Your Song” by Elton John The first Pop Top 40 hit for the 24 year old newcomer Elton John, who topped the charts at #1 with this now timeless classic love song.
What was the number one soul song in 1971?
Gladys Knight & the Pips topped the chart with “If I Were Your Woman”.
What are the most cliche wedding songs?
- The Chicken Dance.
- I Gotta Feeling by The Black Eyed Peas.
- Uptown Funk by Bruno Mars.
- Cupid Shuffle by Cupid.
- Don’t Stop Believin’ by Journey.
- Cotton Eye Joe by Rednex.
- Blurred Lines by Robin Thicke.
- A Thousand Years by Christina Perri.
What are the top five wedding songs?
- Marry You – Bruno Mars.
- Love On Top – Beyoncé
- Signed, Sealed, Delivered (I’m Yours) – Stevie Wonder.
- Thinking out Loud – Ed Sheeran.
- I Wanna Dance with Somebody (Who Loves Me) – Whitney Houston.
- All of Me – John Legend.
- Everything – Michael Bublé
Which 80s song is still the most requested at US weddings?
- “I Wanna Dance With Somebody” by Whitney Houston.
- “Don’t Stop Believin'” by Journey.
- “Footloose” by Kenny Loggins.
What is the best upbeat song?
- ‘Let’s Go Crazy’ by Prince.
- ‘I Got You (I Feel Good)’ by James Brown & The Famous Flames.
- ‘Don’t Stop Me Now’ by Queen.
- ‘Good as Hell’ by Lizzo.
- ‘Walking on Sunshine’ by Katrina & The Waves.
- ‘Lovely Day’ by Bill Withers.
- ‘Tightrope’ by Janelle Monáe.
- ‘Three Little Birds’ by Bob Marley & The Wailers.
What are the top 10 party songs?
- ‘Like a Prayer’ by Madonna.
- ‘1999’ by Prince.
- ‘Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)’ by Beyoncé
- ‘Gonna Make You Sweat’ by C+C Music Factory.
- ‘Call Me Maybe’ by Carly Rae Jepsen.
- ‘Hey Ya!
- ‘Poison’ by Bell Biv DeVoe.
- ‘Rock with You’ by Michael Jackson.